Amrita Institute of Medical Science in KochiAmrita Institute of Medical Sciences or AIMS is founded by Mata Amritanandamayi Devi in an effort to set up a non-profitable, world-class hospital in Kochi. Mata Amritanandamayi Devi’s main aim was to build an organisation that can provide good medical treatment to the underprivileged. The hospital today stands not only as a renowned health care unit but as a noteworthy medical institute and research arena as well.
This institute is spread over 3,330,000 sq.ft of built area in 125 acres of land. AIMS witness over thousand of in-house patients on a daily basis. As per records the annual figure of out-patients in the hospital is above 700,000 and over 45,000 in-patients.
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences was established on May 17, 1998 and was inaugurated by the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpaee. The hospital began its operations with 115 beds, which today stands at 1450.
Facilities at AIMS Kochi
- It is equipped with 25 state-of-art operation theatres.
- There are as many as 210 intensive care beds.
- AIMS has the most advanced hospital computer network system in India. The hospital has 2000 computers that have records of nitty-gritty details of every patient including radiology imaging and lab testing.
- The clinical laboratories of AIMS are NABL accredited
- For a speedy and efficient treatment there is a provision of tele-medicine services round the clock.
- The paramedical staff and doctors of AIMS are a highly qualified and skilled team.
AIMS also has a subsidiary medical institute - Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University.
Departments at AIMS Kochi
There are 11 centres in the medical department that treat over diseases and perform various types of surgeries. All these centres have further sub-divisions:
- Heart Diseases
- Digestive Diseases
- Centre for digital Health
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Podiatric Surgery
- Laboratory Medicine
- Behavioural Science
- Solid Organ Transplant Centre
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Apart from these departments, there is a unique department at AIMS named Central Sterile Supply Department. The purpose of this department is to manufacture sterilized particles and medicines. This is of immense help to the doctors and nurses as it is readily available and conserves tie during emergency situations.
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
AIMS Ponekkara, P. O Kochi
Kochi - 682041
Phone no.: 484 2801234, 2851234, 4001234, 0484 6681234
Fax: 0091 (0) 484 280 2020